We are European schools with different backgrounds, mentalities and experiences, still, we all face the same problem–how to deal with challenging behaviour of children with special needs during the school day. This is a staff oriented project.
In general, our project will provide lasting benefits to teachers and other school specialists who work with the target group of students. Our schools need to gain knowledge in this specific area. The number of students with disabilities and challenging behaviour is rising. We will try to improve teaching process in our institutions. This improvement will be reached with the help of activities, which are focused on the topic of dealing with challenging behaviour. Teaching process should be enriched with precise methodology and practice. Improved behaviour of our students will have further positive effect on their educational development and general school atmosphere. The important part of the project will be staff support.
Throughout the duration of the project we will prepare several workshops as well as other activities focused on the methodology and its implementation in order to address challenging behaviour.
With the idea and realization of our project we will with certainty raise our school´s profiles. The project will serve as a motivation and encouragement tool for our teachers and finally as well for our students.
International cooperation between our institutions will be enhanced. We will build international relations and developmental cooperation. The schools involved in the project will share their experiences and the ways of dealing with their everyday problems. Each school will contribute during our international exchange by sharing thoughts, best practices and knowledge in order to ensure further professional development of our teachers and staff. The impact may appear during the project and experience will continue after the project has ended.
Concrete project results:
- Presentation about the project to parents and to local special educators and teachers
- Every school will spread information via media (school web page, social network, local newspaper)
- Decrease in the number of students dropping out of the school in 2 schools
- Improvement of student´s results in 2 schools
- New tools, knowledge to teachers and school´s support workers about different approaches and techniques how to prevent and deal with students challenging behaviour
- Participating teachers English skills improvement
- EU project experience gain